Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fairies

Growing up I had a passion for Fairies. There was something mystical about them, something that drew me to their quirky and adventurous aura. When dad would go on his service calls to the various places he had his penny machines or if it was a special holiday, I would often be gifted a fairy figurine or crystal or something that I could treasure.


Today fairies are everywhere, thanks for the marketing efforts of Disney and Tinkerbell. However, I like to think of myself as one of the old school fairy lovers.


I recently heard a poem that drew me back to my youth and the love that I had for the winged creature. It went like this:


I still have the mark on the end of my nose.

Footprints from the fairy's toes.

I think their speckled but,

Some say their freckled.

I had a fairy on my nose.


Such a cute poem and it makes me giggle inside like a little girl. Perhaps it's the magic or the escape of knowing something could be so small and mystifying. I don't know, but it's fun.


The attached picture is the art of my Uncle Lanny who captured so well the beauty of one fairy...the Jumper Fairy.

No comments: