Sunday, February 8, 2009

Keizer Update

These are the things that are going on with Keizer:


He is officially 5 months old. He is now laughing and giggling at anyone that can tickle that funny bone of his, especially if you coo at him, play with his belly, shake paper near him, or play peek-a-boo with him. He can almost sit up by himself and is almost rolling over. We got him a jumper and he likes to spend the first 20 mins of his day in that. His nemeses are in the rolling clear plastic thing on it (the polar bear and penguin) and he can only take "so much" of them in a day.





He has started to grab things. When we are in the office together he loves to reach for the sticky notes and calculator. I feel like I have a mad midget on my hands from time to time.




Keizer has always been strong and has always loved to stand ridged, but he is doing it better now and can hold his weight very well when he is on his feet and supported by mommy or daddy. He loves the attention we give him and flashes so many smiles when we clap.



He started soft food a while back and loves dinner time. His favorite food right now is applesauce and sweet potatoes, though he LOVES anything with flavor. He can really down the food (3 oz of rice cereal and about half of a flavored item).








One of his favorite things is Bath Time. He gets so happy when he hears the water running. He could soak for an hour if I'd let him (he takes after his mommy). The down side is that the Utah winter air is DRY DRY DRY and so he doesn't get a bath every day. His skin quickly becomes what I imagine alligator skin would feel like.



He is almost sleeping all the way through the night. He wakes up about once a night now, the time is rarely the same, which is odd to me since he goes to bed at 8 every night. I have thought about just letting him cry it out, but I am a soft 1st time mom and can't lay in bed listening the the waling and gnashing of gums...especially knowing I need to function the next day. I'm an enabler, but look at that face...can you blame me?






Keizer is just a sweet little guy and I love him so much. I can't imagine my life without him now. I've learned so much in the last 5 months and I know I've got a lot more experiences coming my way...

3 comments:

Eddie said...

He's really cute. Last Sunday, when Matix was trying to play with Keizer, I noticed he has so much personality from the last time I saw him. I was going to mention it, but, I started to fall asleep in church again. Hey, at least I didn't talk in my sleep again.

Alaina said...

I haven't checked your blog in so long! So many fun pictures of the little guy. Oh and by the way I love his new hair cut. Too cute!

Indiana Fowlers said...

Hi Dacia!
i twas fun to see the pictures of your baby--they grow so fast. I'm coming for a visit in April for Rebecca's wedding---hopefully I can see everyone.

Kimberly